Loss within Volleyball

Hey everyone, welcome back to my blog. This week I wanted to touch on how to deal with loss. The loss I wanted to discuss is within volleyball. I haven't really experienced anything like this before and I have just been trying to figure it out day by day. Ohio Northern Volleyball exceeds excellence and has had an amazing program for many years. This season hasn't really been going our way, but I honestly couldn't tell you why. Each person on this team is an amazing person and player. Through every single practice you can tell that all 22 girls want it. We get into the gym and work extremely hard, but when we get matched up against our opponents we fall short. At my last university, we did not have a good program. The environment was unhealthy, and you could tell that nobody cared for any aspect of the game. We had losing seasons for the two seasons I competed there, but here, it's different. We care, we show up, and we bring the love back into volleyball. If I was talking about the losses I experienced at Malone, I would have an answer as to why things were going the way they were. But here, right now, I don't have an answer. I don't think anyone has an answer, and it hurts because we're doing everything we can but don’t know how to get over this hump in the path we want to go on. Losing sucks. I’m sure everyone can agree on that, but the unknown is the worst part. Personally, I question my abilities a lot of the time, but I always strive to stay confident in myself each and every day. I have been trying to understand and deal with what's going on. Have any of you ever experienced something like this? 

Thank you for reading, have a good week!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wrestling Season !!!!

Thanksgiving Break

My other Family