Wrestling Season !!!!
Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. My favorite season of the year is finally coming up, wrestling season! My brother has wrestled for many years, and he is going to be a senior at Otterbein University. Growing up with an older brother has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. From the time we were little, I’ve always looked up to him. I’ve seen him push through challenges most people never witness. I’ve watched him get up at the crack of dawn, put on multiple layers of clothes to lose a few pounds, not eat at Thanksgiving or Christmas, and run for hours on end. He is always doing the little things and constantly motivates me.
Watching him grow up has been really amazing. Because of him, I always wanted to wrestle, even though I never would, he made it look so fun. I’m so proud, but I’m also so aware that this is the final chapter of something he’s poured his life into. I can’t wait to cheer for him one more time, to see him compete with that same fire that’s been there since day one. No matter the outcome, I know he’ll walk off the mat for the last time with his head high. Now, as he steps into his final collegiate wrestling season, I can hardly believe how far he’s come. It feels like just yesterday I was watching him in an oversized singlet, learning how to hold his stance and mom screaming at the top of her lungs. And now, here he is, a leader on his team, motivating others, and giving it his all for his last season.
To my big brother, thank you for showing me what hard work, passion, and resilience really mean. You inspire me every day, never change who you are. Here’s to your last season. I can’t wait to watch you finish strong.
(The photo below represents our face when we realize that our Mom was the only person in the entire building screaming)

This post was so cute! My older brother used played football but he did wrestle for a few years too. It was always fun to watch him, but those meets can be soooo long!!
ReplyDelete