My other Family
As we head into the OAC Tournament this week, I’ve been reflecting on this year’s volleyball season. It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come since August. With half of the team being freshmen and a few transfers joining, including myself, we started out as a brand new group still figuring out who we were. Throughout the season, we faced our fair share of ups and downs, moments where we struggled to find our why, our energy spark, and that deep desire to compete for one another.
We had countless team talks and exercises to help us get back on track. Some days, things clicked perfectly and other days, it felt like we were still searching. But through all of it, I began to realize that my why wasn’t something I needed to find alone. It was right in front of me, in my teammates who pushed me to be better, in the laughter we shared during long practices, and in the unwavering support from my family who reminded me why I loved this game in the first place.
My teammates have become more like sisters, and my family has been my constant anchor. Together, they’ve helped me rediscover the joy in competing, not just for wins, but for each other. This season has taught me that finding your why isn’t about perfection, it’s about connection, purpose, and the people who lift you up when things get hard.
As we enter the tournament, I’m beyond grateful for how far we’ve come and for the people who helped me find my fire again. No matter the outcome, this season has reminded me that our why will always be rooted in love, teamwork, and the support that surrounds us.

Good luck in the tournament!
ReplyDeleteGood luck in the tournament!
ReplyDeleteIt seems you're very passionate about volleyball, that's awesome! I wish you the best of luck in your upcoming tournament. :)
ReplyDelete