Surprise!
Hello, welcome back! I know Aggie told us to write about the book but if I am being 100% honest, I didn't really read the book. But I still loved the Power Points she made!
Yesterday I decided to surprise my brother at his wrestling match. He had no idea I was coming home. I turned my location off and had called him that day with some dumb excuse as to why I couldn't make it. But when I walked into the gym and saw him warming up, his excitement made it all worth it.
I waited until he finished stretching to tap him on the shoulder. The look on his face with a huge smile made me so happy, this surprise was perfect. He immediately pulled me into one of those sweaty wrestling hugs that only siblings can get away with. Seeing him so fired up before his match made me even more excited. Plus, being able to watch him compete after that, knowing I got to be the unexpected motivation in the crowd, made cheering for him feel different, there was more meaning behind it. It reminded me how much I’ve missed being around for the little things, the moments that happen in between busy schedules, school and responsibilities. I was also able to surprise my Papaw. His 73rd birthday was the day before and I wasn't able to be there. He was so happy to see me and I was glad that I got to give him the biggest hug ever.
All of this has made me even more excited for Thanksgiving break. I’ve been counting down the days, but after surprising my family members, it hit me just how much I’m craving time with my family. There’s something comforting about going home for the holidays. The familiar routines, the warmth of the house, even the chaos that comes from everyone being under one roof again. I’m looking forward to long conversations around the table, laughing about things that probably aren’t that funny, and eating food you can only appreciate fully when you’ve been away for a while.
Plus, I can’t wait to reconnect with my friends from home. Breaks always feel like hitting pause on life for a minute, giving everyone a chance to catch up right where we left off. Whether it’s grabbing coffee, staying out too late, or just driving around town talking about everything that’s happened, those moments always feel so special. Thanksgiving can’t come fast enough. I’m ready for family, friends, and every little moment in between. See you all soon!

I totally forgot we were suppose to write about the book until I read this blog. But, I'm excited for Thanksgiving break too.
ReplyDeleteOkay, the beginning of this post had me laughing! But seriously, your surprises for your brother and Papaw are so sweet. Thanksgiving is going to be extra special!
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet! I love how you were able to go home for a surprise visit before break. It is great to reconnect with siblings and share those special moments with loved ones. I hope break was relaxing and stress-free for you!
ReplyDelete