What If?
Hey guys, welcome back to my blog! Every so often, I catch myself thinking about how different life could look if I hadn’t decided to study communications in college. I always think about what if’s, and I realize how many directions my life could have gone.
When I first got to college, I was studying criminal justice and forensics. Through high school I always enjoyed science, and I was really into solving crimes. I would watch shows and tik toks about many careers and was so excited. Once I got to school, I started to hate the work load and just what I was learning in general. I was clueless on what I would switch to, so I started to think about other things that I liked. This is how I came to be a social media and communications major. I’ve always loved connecting with people and finding creative things to do each day. Whether it’s through social media or everyday conversations, I find joy in understanding ideas that make people so creative. So that is how I realized that communications was the perfect fit, it combines creativity, strategy, and human connection.
Plus, ONU has given me so many opportunities to grow in this field. Between classes, projects, and being a student-athlete on the volleyball team, I’ve learned how much communication impacts every part of life — from leadership on the court to teamwork in class.
I am so excited about post-grad opportunities. Whether I end up in public relations, social media, sports, or content creation, I know I’ll be doing something that lets me create, connect, and make an impact. Communications has opened more doors than I ever expected, and it continues to blend everything I care about.
I feel the same way sometimes. I came to ONU a psychology major and switched to PR after freshman year.
ReplyDeleteI also wonder all the time about "what ifs" and I think that that is very relatable! I am so glad ONU had given you so many opportunities.
ReplyDeleteI totally get the whole ‘what if’ feeling too, but it’s amazing to see how you’ve turned it into so many opportunities. Excited to see all the creative things you’ll do post-graduation!
ReplyDelete